The Local Governing Body
Mrs Maggie Blount - Chair of Governors / Appointed by trust
Mr Chris Metcalfe -Principal
Mrs Bev Morton - Elected by Staff
Ms Anita Fell - Appointed by Trust
Mrs Janet Foster - Appointed by Trust
Mr John Davis - Appointed by Trust
Mrs Lisa Hayes -Elected by Parents
Mrs Louise Sutton - Elected by Staff
Mrs Amy Barrett - Elected by Parents
Please click on the links below to access the following documents:
Governor Responsibilities will be published following the next Local Governing Board.
What do governors do?
Governors have several key roles:
- to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- to hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- to oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- determining how the school's budget is spent;
- the appointing and dismissing of staff;
- hearing appeals and grievances;
- forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship;
- setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline;
- making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe;
- setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies.